We are looking for Merseyside’s young filmmakers!
We have two filmmaking opportunities for 13 to 19 year olds.
1 April 2014
Please read carefully to decide which one is right for you (it may be both!)
Freehand Film Club
We are starting a new Film Club as part of Freehand; FACT’s young people’s programme. We are recruiting 20 young creatives aged between 13 and 19 to be a part of a fun & innovative film group.
The group will:
- Meet every week (on Tuesday or Thursday evenings)
- Organise a young people’s film festival to take place at the end of July/early August as part of FLUX
- Have the chance to complete the Bronze Arts Award.
- Provide you with a group of like-minded new friends.
- Get involved in different film making/watching/hacking/critiquing activities.
- Gain skills in event management/organisation, marketing, presenting, film making and more.
Who are we looking for?
- People who are passionate about film.
- People who can commit to weekly meetings.
- People interested in organising an exciting film festival at FACT.
Please note; this group looks at all areas of film and is not solely a filmmaking club. The main activity this Spring/Summer will be to organise a film festival for young people at FACT.
To apply for this opportunity you will need to fill out an application form and attend an interest evening on 22 April. Please see the end of this post for more details of how to apply.
Freehand Archive Film Project
We are running a short film project working with live action film (filmed there and then) and archival footage (film footage from the past.)
We are looking for 14 young people (aged between 13 and 19) to work with a filmmaker to create a brand new piece of film. The finished film will be shown as part of FACT’s young people’s film festival at the end of July.
Working over three Saturdays (May 17, 24, 31) participants will:
- Work with a professional filmmaker/artist
- Work with archival footage
- Gain skills in creating video art (film that is classed as an art work)
- Make new friends
- See their work screened on the big screen in a young people’s film festival at FACT.
Applicants must be available for ALL of the Saturday workshops (May 17, 24 & 31)
Both of these projects are completely free.
Refreshments will be provided.
All of FACT’s engagement projects are staffed by people with up to date, Enhanced CRB Checks.
To apply for either of these projects (or both) please download and fill in the application form that is to the right of this text. Please email it to email@example.com or post to:
88 Wood Street
Or fax to: 0151 707 4445 addressing it to Mark Anderton
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5pm 18 APRIL 2014.
There will be an ‘interest evening’ on 22 April where you can come along to FACT and learn more about the projects and meet the staff. It is important that you attend this session.
If you need the application in an alternative format, you would like us to post one to you, or you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 707 4444