- 30 January 2013 - 31 July 2013
Do you want to learn computing and programming through creating video? Freehand, FACT's young people's programme, with Red Ninja and feynlabs present Turning Computers Inside Out, a unique experimental programme that aims to equip young participants with the tools and knowledge to create their own apps/products and learn ICT/ programming languages.
This project is now full. Keep an eye on this page and the Young People's section for more opportunities in the future.
Some of the things you would do in this project are:
- Create and use your own video to understand the concepts of programming languages
- Learn the principles of computing 'Inside out' through new platforms like the Raspberry Pi, Arduino etc
- Learn complex computing concepts like algorithms, Data structures in a simple and interactive way
- Understand how to build an app
- Discover the interconnections between technologies - for example connecting Raspberry Pi and 3D printers
We will use the Screenchomp application to create and share video.
Workshops will happen at FACT on one Wednesday of every month (dates TBC) 5pm - 8pm January to July 2013.
This project is free of charge. We will support any access needs you may need.
As part of the programme, participants will also have the chance to complete the Bronze Arts Award. Through Arts Award at the five levels, children and young people aged 7-25 can explore any art forms including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia. The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment.
You may also like
4 August / 5.30pm - 8pm / The Box / FREE We've been working with Liz Hardwick at DigiEnable to b...
Get free tickets, plus 10% off tickets, food and drinks at FACT and beyond