- 16 January 2013 - 14 February 2013
FACT and Liverpool Sound City have joined forces to launch an exciting open call to find the best new music video directing talent in the North West. We are asking budding directors to submit storyboard and film ideas for a video to accompany a song by celebrated Liverpool band Outfit.
This open call has now closed. The winner is Isaac Eastgate and his video for Performance by Outfit can be seen in The Art of Pop Video exhibition
The winning treatment will then be made with expert help from our FACT Services team, who will offer £500, loan of equipment and use of their editing suite to perfect the video. Not only that, the finished result will go on public display as part of the FACT exhibition The Art of Pop Video, which opens on March 14. The winning video will also be shown at the Liverpool Sound City Expo, where it will be seen by music industry experts and insiders.
The full competition brief and the track itself is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
"The song is stark and bold, quite stripped back for our style, and we think a visual accompaniment should convey the song's romance in a non-literal way - and should be seductive and enveloping," said band member Andrew Hunt.
- £500 to cover basic running costs
- One day full filming support from FACT including crew, lighting, cameras etc
- Up to four days in the editing suite at FACT for post-production
- Advice from industry professionals, an international curatorial team and the curator of The Art of Pop Video, Michael P. Aust
- Inclusion in an internationally toured show, with the film being shown at FACT for the full term of the exhibition guaranteeing national press coverage
- Screening at Liverpool Sound City EXPO which is attended by thousands of industry professionals in music, art, film and design
- Screening at the Liverpool Sound City festival, receiving thousands of views by gig-goers and bands alike
- Exposure on various online platforms, including the FACT and Liverpool Sound City websites, and inclusion in various press releases, including those from London-based PR company, zeitgeist
- 30% off a one-off hire from FACT Services for a future project
You may also like
During Turning FACT Inside Out, we are celebrating ten years of FACT with Sedimentary Timeline which...
Get free tickets, plus 10% off tickets, food and drinks at FACT and beyond