FACT Summer School is looking for artists
8 April 2013
Our Collaboration and Engagement Programme offer a range of year round opportunities for people to get involved with creative technology and digital projects, working with children and young people, community organisations and older people.
This year we are running the FACT Summer School, and we are seeking an artist/artists to develop and deliver creative workshops that have a focus on technology and experimentation. Think hacking, programming, inventing, making etc.
There will be two strands focusing on different age categories, 8-12yrs and 13-16yrs. We are looking for applicants to propose to deliver both strands of activity.
The project must:
- Provide an interesting and valuable learning experience for the young people involved
- Be a collaboration between the artist and the young people. Ie. The artist must support the development of the young peoples ideas within the parameters of the proposed activity.
- Have an outcome. Eg. Documentation, a film, work created.
- Have some digital/techy element
- Be fun!
The Artist is responsible for:
- Planning and Delivery of workshops
- Creating any accompanying resources for the young people (eg hand-outs)
- 22 April: Interest registered with CV and Cover Letter
- W/C 13 May: shortlisted applicants meet with project team at FACT
- W/C 20 May: selected applicants informed
- Planning completed by 5 June 2013.
- Bookings reviewed two weeks before each strand of delivery is due to start. If bookings are not sufficient, strand may be cancelled. Artists will still be paid for planning.
- 13 - 16 yrs: 12 / 13 / 14 August
- 8 - 12 yrs: 19 / 20 / 21 August
- The artist will be working with up to 15 young people per strand.
- FACT schools and Learning coordinator & Young Peoples Coordinator will oversee the programme.
- All sessions will run between 10-4 daily
- Artists must be happy to undergo an enhanced CRB check.
- There will be a small budget for materials per strand.
2 days planning and prep: £400
6 days delivery: £1200
NB: There is additional budget for materials available on discussion with project manager.
How to apply
If you are interested in delivering our Summer School please send an expression of interest and an up to date CV detailing past experience working with children/young people and your artistic practice to our Schools and Learning Coordinator, Anna Kronenburg, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to apply, please contact Anna Kronenburg