15 July 2008
Pipilotti's artwork is a constant remix of fantasy and the everyday. Her collection of Super 8 films, many of which like You Called Me Jackie (1990, see right) and Sip My Ocean (1996) can be seen in FACT's Media Lounge and the installation The Room, seem like the kind of material you would see today on YouTube. She subverts the music video, merging music with the female voice and body and electronically manipulating the world around us.
This summer, watch Pipilotti's video works online then submit your own remix to win. Here;s what to do:
- Take one of Pipilotti's videos from YouTube or at www.pipilottirist.net, edit it, mix it, play it backwards, chop it up, create your own soundtrack, or video yourself performing your own version of it.
- Upload you film onto FACT's YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/FACTLiverpool
- Email the weblink to your video to: email@example.com
- We will profile our favourites on the BBC Big Screen.
- The competition winner will be announced on 01 September 2008